is a third party website that is not affiliated with any government agencies. The services we provide are available for free in the official sites or local offices. You can purchase and download our guide and resources for $22.95, which contains vital information in order to perform any DMV service and receive a free $25 gas rebate and other added benefits. By continuing to use our website, you accept our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Replace License

If you have a damaged, lost or stolen driving license, you will need to apply for a duplicate drivers license through the MN DPS. The state only allows vehicle drivers to complete this process at one of their DMV offices.

Report a Stolen Drivers License

If your Minnesota driver's license was stolen, you must report this incident to your local law enforcement office. A stolen drivers license puts you at risk of identity theft and fraudulent activity using your credential. You can also ask the DVS office to flag your driving record to alert the police department. For this process, download a Confirmation of Identity (Driving Record Flag) form and submit it to the following address:

Driver and Vehicle Services
445 Minnesota Street, Suite 170
St. Paul, MN 55101-5170

A driver may also fax this form to this number: 651-282-2463.

To fill out a Confirmation of Identity (Driving Record Flag) form ,you will need to provide:

Make sure your signature is on the document before mailing it to the Minnesota DPS.

Replace a Drivers License in Person

When you visit a drivers license office for a driving license replacement, the photo stored in the system will be used to prove your identity. If there is no picture available, you will be asked to provide further proof of identification. You may present one primary form of identification, which must contain your full legal name and date of birth, as well as one secondary form of identification.

Proof of primary documents include:

Proof of secondary documents include:

If you have any questions regarding primary and secondary documents, the MN Driver and Vehicle Services office at 651-297-3298.

What if I have a commercial driver's license?

If you are a motorist with a commercial drivers license or CDL, you will need to visit your local DVS office with the proper documentation in hand, such as proof of identity. During your appointment, you will be asked to complete and turn in a Commercial Driver License Medical Self-Certification form. You may also need to present a medical examination report (if applicable). Once you have done so, have payment ready for any applicable fees to be issued your renewed driving license.

If you would like to receive expedited service for your drivers license renewal, you can take advantage of the Minnesota Fast Track program, which allows motorists to get their driving license within three business days. The fee for this service is $20 (subject to change without notice).