Obtain Your Road Advisors Guide

Welcome to MyDriverLicenses.org. Find all of the information you need to perform any drivers license process all in one place. It does not matter whether you are applying to obtain your first license to drive or if you are updating or renewing a long-held driving license. The information provided on our website will help you to complete any driver's license-related transaction, from changing the name or address on your license to reinstating your suspended credential. The all-encompassing Road Guide and value-added forms and checklists have all the details you need to complete your vital driver license procedures in the quickest way possible. Just fill out our simple digital form below to get started.

Replace Driver License Guide for Illinois

online assistance services

Replacing your driver's license in Illinois

To drive legally in the state of Illinois, you need to own a valid drivers license. If your drivers license was recently damaged, lost or stolen due to an unfortunate event, you will need to seek a replacement Illinois driver license immediately. Driving without a license is a punishable offense in Illinois. Luckily, you can replace a drivers license at the {DMV-C} in person for a fee, and get back out on the road again. However, if you are currently traveling out-of-state, obtaining a replacement Illinois drivers license at the {DMV-C} may not be the most convenient option. Depending on how you choose to get a drivers license replacement in Illinois, you may have to wait for a new card. Whether you are traveling, or waiting for a replacement license to arrive at home, it's wise to have a photocopy of your valid license handy, in case of emergency. If you do not have copy of your drivers license, you can use a US passport as proof of identity in the meantime.

Don't risk getting caught driving without a license. Get your Road Advisors Guide today and find out all the details on how to replace your driver license and get back behind the wheel in no time.

replace your license

Replace License

Do you need to replace your Illinois drivers license? We've collected all the information you need to expedite and simplify the process. Before you apply for a replacement drivers license by mail or by visiting a local {DMV-C} office, you can easily find the answers you're looking for within our Road Advisors Guide. Click "Get Started" below to get comprehensive application assistance for all the {DMV-C}'s services.

MyDriverLicenses.org is a third party website that is not affiliated with any government agencies. The services we provide are available for free in the official sites or local offices. You can purchase and download our guide and resources for $22.95, which contains vital information in order to perform any DMV service and receive a free $25 gas rebate and other added benefits. By continuing to use our website, you accept our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Replace License

If you have a lost drivers license or a stolen drivers license, the Illinois Secretary of State requires automobile drivers to order a driving license replacement as soon as possible. To complete this process, you must stop by your nearest driver services facility.

Report a Stolen Drivers License

Before heading to a local SOS office, make sure to file a police report with your local law enforcement authorities in order to avoid the possibility of identity theft or fraudulent activity on your IL drivers license. After you have filed a police report, bring a copy with you to the nearest DMV. Whether or not your duplicate drivers license fee will be waived is at the discretion of the IL SOS. However, if you are a motorist who is 60 years of age or older with a stolen drivers license, you will not be charged for a duplicate driving license, as long as you have a police report on hand.

Replace a Drivers License in Person

In Illinois, a drivers license replacement can only be obtained by visiting a Secretary of State office in your area. No online or mail-in drivers license copy option is available at this time. During your DMV visit, you must have proof of identity on hand that satisfies these requirements:

  • One document from Group A
  • One document from Group B, C or D

Examples may include the following:

Group A - must contain your signature

  • Credit card (only American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard and Visa are accepted)
  • Social Security Card
  • U.S. or foreign passport
  • Government ID card
  • Official court order
  • Out-of-state drivers license
  • Driver Education Certificate

Group B - must contain your date of birth

  • Birth Certificate
  • Social Security Award Letter
  • Military Service Letter
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • U.S. or foreign passport
  • Adoption record

When presenting a Group B document, keep in mind that your item must list your full name and date of birth. If submitting a birth certificate, it must be an original or certified by a Board of Health or Bureau of Vital Statistics within the country. A foreign birth certificate is also accepted.

Group C - must contain your Social Security Number

  • Your Social Security Card
  • Your IL driving license record

In the event that you are applying for a Temporary Driving License, you will not be required to show proof of Social Security Number. However, you must make a note of your SSN ineligibility on your duplicate divers license application.

Group D - must contain your physical residency

  • Utility bill
  • Financial bank statement
  • Pay stub
  • Mortgage or lease agreement

A Group D document must list your full residential address. If you are a homeless individual, you can submit a "Homeless Status Certification" as an acceptable item.

If you recently completed the steps to change name, you will also be required to submit a legal document that supports your new name.