Obtain Your Road Advisors Guide

Welcome to MyDriverLicenses.org. Find all of the information you need to perform any drivers license process all in one place. It does not matter whether you are applying to obtain your first license to drive or if you are updating or renewing a long-held driving license. The information provided on our website will help you to complete any driver's license-related transaction, from changing the name or address on your license to reinstating your suspended credential. The all-encompassing Road Guide and value-added forms and checklists have all the details you need to complete your vital driver license procedures in the quickest way possible. Just fill out our simple digital form below to get started.

Replace Driver License Guide for Connecticut

online assistance services

Replacing your driver's license in Connecticut

To drive legally in the state of Connecticut, you need to own a valid drivers license. If your drivers license was recently damaged, lost or stolen due to an unfortunate event, you will need to seek a replacement Connecticut driver license immediately. Driving without a license is a punishable offense in Connecticut. Luckily, you can replace a drivers license at the {DMV-C} in person for a fee, and get back out on the road again. However, if you are currently traveling out-of-state, obtaining a replacement Connecticut drivers license at the {DMV-C} may not be the most convenient option. Depending on how you choose to get a drivers license replacement in Connecticut, you may have to wait for a new card. Whether you are traveling, or waiting for a replacement license to arrive at home, it's wise to have a photocopy of your valid license handy, in case of emergency. If you do not have copy of your drivers license, you can use a US passport as proof of identity in the meantime.

Don't risk getting caught driving without a license. Get your Road Advisors Guide today and find out all the details on how to replace your driver license and get back behind the wheel in no time.

replace your license

Replace License

Do you need to replace your Connecticut drivers license? We've collected all the information you need to expedite and simplify the process. Before you apply for a replacement drivers license by mail or by visiting a local {DMV-C} office, you can easily find the answers you're looking for within our Road Advisors Guide. Click "Get Started" below to get comprehensive application assistance for all the {DMV-C}'s services.

MyDriverLicenses.org is a third party website that is not affiliated with any government agencies. The services we provide are available for free in the official sites or local offices. You can purchase and download our guide and resources for $22.95, which contains vital information in order to perform any DMV service and receive a free $25 gas rebate and other added benefits. By continuing to use our website, you accept our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Replace a Driver's License

As it pertains to your driver's license, it's vital that a driver keeps his or her credentials up-to-date. If you recently lost your license to drive, you must take the proper steps to replace it.

Report a Stolen Drivers License

Although you may have lost your driving license in an innocuous manner, it is important to eliminate the chances of identity fraud. Therefore, be sure to report the loss of your drivers license to law enforcement.

Your driver's license is directly attached to your driving record, which means that any fine, traffic citation or worse can be applied to your record. In the event that your drivers license was stolen, you can eliminate the possibility of being held liable for the actions of others. When you make your visit, get a copy of the police report to take with you when you go in person to replace drivers licenses.

Replace a Drivers License in Person

Having a lost drivers license or stolen drivers license are the most common reasons for license replacement. However, if your license is damaged beyond legibility, you will also have to replace it.

Fortunately, replacing your license is a simple process: If you have a driver's license, a non-driver ID, or a teen or adult learner's permit, head over to a DMV Hub Office or AAA location to replace it. If you have a commercial driver's license, commercial driver instruction permit (CDIPS) or motorcycle learner's permit, then you must go to a DMV office.

When you go in person to renew a driver's license, you will need to bring one acceptable form of identification. Because your information and photo is already in the CT DMV system, a driver may choose a document from either the primary or secondary ID lists. Just be sure that the document you bring is the original. No certified copies will be accepted.

Acceptable primary documents to bring to the DMV for drivers license replacement include:

If you are U.S.-born:

  • U.S. Birth Certificate or Registration of Birth (Hospital-issued not acceptable; foreign place of birth see Non-US-Born below)
  • U.S. passport or passport card

If you are non-U.S.-born:

  • U.S. passport or passport card
  • Foreign passport w/ supporting documents (See Legal Presence noted below)*
  • Certificate of Naturalization*
  • Certificate of Citizenship*
  • Permanent Resident Card*
  • U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Issued by the Department of State)

Secondary document list for proof of ID when replacing a CT drivers license:

  • Out-of-state U.S. photo driver license
  • U.S. territory or Canadian photo driver license
  • Out-of-state U.S. or Canadian issued photo learners permit
  • Connecticut-issued non-driver identification card, driver license or learner permit
    (Your driver license or ID may be required to be surrendered)
  • U.S. Military ID or dependent card with photo
  • Connecticut State Permit to Carry Pistols or Revolvers
  • Military discharge/separation papers (DD-214)
  • Court Order: Must contain full name and date of birth (i.e. name change, adoption, marriage or civil union dissolution), does not include abstract of criminal or civil conviction
  • Marriage or Civil Union Certificate (certified copy issued by town/city)
  • Pilot's license (issued by the US DOT Federal Aviation Administration)
  • Certified school transcript (school photo ID not acceptable)
  • Social Security card (Not laminated or metal; 16 and older must sign)
  • CT State Department of Social Services issued photo public assistance card
  • CT Department of Corrections original certificate of identification (not available from DOC unless issued when discharged)
  • Baptismal certificate or similar document
  • State or Federal Employee Identification with signature and photo and/or physical description with or without date of birth
  • Employment Authorization card

The fees associated with CT drivers license replacements are:

  • Driver's license, CDL, non-driver photo ID: $30
  • CT learner's permit: $19
  • CDL learner's permit: $10
  • Motorcycle learner's permit: $16
  • AAA convenience fee for DMV transactions: $3

The CT DMV and AAA accept the following forms of payment: cash, check, money order, bank check, debit card or credit card.