Obtain Your Road Advisors Guide

Welcome to MyDriverLicenses.org. Find all of the information you need to perform any drivers license process all in one place. It does not matter whether you are applying to obtain your first license to drive or if you are updating or renewing a long-held driving license. The information provided on our website will help you to complete any driver's license-related transaction, from changing the name or address on your license to reinstating your suspended credential. The all-encompassing Road Guide and value-added forms and checklists have all the details you need to complete your vital driver license procedures in the quickest way possible. Just fill out our simple digital form below to get started.

Replace Driver License Guide for Alabama

online assistance services

Replacing your driver's license in Alabama

To drive legally in the state of Alabama, you need to own a valid drivers license. If your drivers license was recently damaged, lost or stolen due to an unfortunate event, you will need to seek a replacement Alabama driver license immediately. Driving without a license is a punishable offense in Alabama. Luckily, you can replace a drivers license at the {DMV-C} in person for a fee, and get back out on the road again. However, if you are currently traveling out-of-state, obtaining a replacement Alabama drivers license at the {DMV-C} may not be the most convenient option. Depending on how you choose to get a drivers license replacement in Alabama, you may have to wait for a new card. Whether you are traveling, or waiting for a replacement license to arrive at home, it's wise to have a photocopy of your valid license handy, in case of emergency. If you do not have copy of your drivers license, you can use a US passport as proof of identity in the meantime.

Don't risk getting caught driving without a license. Get your Road Advisors Guide today and find out all the details on how to replace your driver license and get back behind the wheel in no time.

replace your license

Replace License

Do you need to replace your Alabama drivers license? We've collected all the information you need to expedite and simplify the process. Before you apply for a replacement drivers license by mail or by visiting a local {DMV-C} office, you can easily find the answers you're looking for within our Road Advisors Guide. Click "Get Started" below to get comprehensive application assistance for all the {DMV-C}'s services.

MyDriverLicenses.org is a third party website that is not affiliated with any government agencies. The services we provide are available for free in the official sites or local offices. You can purchase and download our guide and resources for $22.95, which contains vital information in order to perform any DMV service and receive a free $25 gas rebate and other added benefits. By continuing to use our website, you accept our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Replace License

If you have a lost drivers license, a stolen drivers license or a damaged drivers license in Alabama, you will be required to request a duplicate as soon as possible. It is against the law to drive without a license in your possession. Thankfully, the AL LEA makes it convenient for vehicle drivers to obtain a new credential.

Report a Stolen Drivers License

In the event that your license was lost or stolen, make your way to a local police station to report the incident. By filing a police report, your chances of identity theft or fraudulent activity on your drivers license will be minimized. Make sure to request a copy of the report to present a local DMV agent at the time of your duplicate drivers license request.

Replace a Drivers License in Person

In the state of Alabama, requesting a drivers license replacement can be completed in person at your local Probate Judge or License Commissioner Office. Although you won't need to take any examinations, you will be asked to present certain proof of identity to verify who you are. Acceptable documents may include a permanent resident alien card, a valid foreign passport with immigration document, a Selective Service card, a Veterans Administration card, a Certificate of Naturalization, a Certificate of Citizenship, a marriage license, an international driving license, a medical insurance ID card, etc.

Note: Presenting a copy of a police report does not ensure your replacement will be issued free of charge. It is at the discretion of the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency whether or not your duplicate fee is waived.

Replace a Drivers License by Mail

Military members, military dependents and college students, who are currently out of state, are allowed to request an Alabama duplicate drivers license by mail. To be eligible for the mail-in option, a motorist must have received an AL driving license with a picture and signature in the past four years.

When applying for a replacement by mail, you must fill out an Application for a Renewal or Duplicate License for Alabama Drivers Temporarily Out of State. If you are a military member, you will need to include a copy of your military photo ID, along with your military orders. If you are a college student out of state, you must include a copy of your student photo ID and proof of school enrollment.

In some instances, an employer that is temporarily working out-of-state may also utilize this application for a drivers license copy. Make sure to enclose a letter from your employer on a professional letterhead.

Once you have filled out the form and gathered all the necessary documents, mail your items to the address below:

Driver License Unit

P.O. Box 1471

Montgomery, AL


Take note that you must also enclose a money order made payable to the Alabama Driver License Division in the amount of $31.25. This amount is subject to change without notice.

The state of Alabama allows car owners to replace DMV drivers licenses as early as 60 days before it expires.