Obtain Your Road Advisors Guide

Welcome to MyDriverLicenses.org. Find all of the information you need to perform any drivers license process all in one place. It does not matter whether you are applying to obtain your first license to drive or if you are updating or renewing a long-held driving license. The information provided on our website will help you to complete any driver's license-related transaction, from changing the name or address on your license to reinstating your suspended credential. The all-encompassing Road Guide and value-added forms and checklists have all the details you need to complete your vital driver license procedures in the quickest way possible. Just fill out our simple digital form below to get started.

Reinstate Suspended License Guide for Kansas

online assistance services

How to reinstate a suspended license in Kansas

There are several reasons why your drivers license may be suspended or revoked. In Kansas your drivers license can be suspended for violating traffic laws, failure to pay required fees associated with traffic tickets or driving under the influence. Depending on your particular situation for a suspended license in Kansas, you may be required to go to court and/or take a drivers education course in order to reinstate your license. If your drivers suspension is related to moving violations, you may need to enroll in traffic school. On the other hand, if you were found guilty of DUI in Kansas, you may be required to attend an alcohol and drug awareness course. Each license suspension situation comes with its own protocol. It's important that you learn how to handle the terms your driving suspension, from paying fines to license revocation. Once your drivers license suspension period in Kansas has ended, you can then proceed with driver license reinstatement.

Without your driver license you are very limited to your capabilities of daily life which can greatly affect your lifestyle. The Road Advisors Guide will guide you through the entire process requiring little to no effort from your part.

suspended license

Suspended License

Do you need to reinstate your suspended Kansas drivers license? We've collected all the information you need to expedite and simplify the process. Before you reinstate your suspended license by mail or by visiting a local {DMV-C} office, you can easily find the answers you're looking for within our Road Advisors Guide. Click "Get Started" below to get comprehensive application assistance for all the {DMV-C}'s services.

MyDriverLicenses.org is a third party website that is not affiliated with any government agencies. The services we provide are available for free in the official sites or local offices. You can purchase and download our guide and resources for $22.95, which contains vital information in order to perform any DMV service and receive a free $25 gas rebate and other added benefits. By continuing to use our website, you accept our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Suspended License

The state of Kansas features a great number of road regulations that must be followed to keep the drivers of the state safe. Breaking these laws has its penalties. And if you happened to break the most important rules, or continue to ignore the traffic laws, you could end up with a suspended drivers license in Kansas. Getting your driver license suspended means that you will not be able to drive legally for a certain period of time, and there are a number of common reasons why a driver could end up incurring this penalty. To learn about all of the most common causes of drivers license suspension in Kansas as well as the reinstatement process, take a look at the sections below.

Common Reasons for Drivers License Suspension

The Kansas Department of Revenue cracks down on unsafe driving practices by issuing drivers license suspensions to those motorists who break the most important driving laws. Some of the most common instances that result in suspended drivers licenses are as follows:

  • Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
  • Hitting and running
  • Speeding and driving recklessly
  • Driving a vehicle without the appropriate auto insurance
  • Refusing to take a blood alcohol concentration test
  • Driving with a suspended drivers license
  • Operating a vehicle with a revoked driver license
  • Not appearing in court when called to do so
  • Not paying child support
  • Using your car to commit a felony

If you have committed any of the above violations and are not sure whether or not you have incurred a drivers license suspension in the state of Kansas, there is one easy way to find out. You can order your driving record from the Department of Revenue. In addition to detailing the status of your KS driving license, this record will also show you information about any traffic violations you have committed, any points you have incurred and any accidents you have been involved in.

How to Reinstate a Suspended Drivers License in Person

In order to reinstate suspended drivers license credentials in the state of Kansas, you must consider the reason for your suspension. Drivers who are suspended for driving under the influence will have different penalties and a different reinstatement process than motorists who are convicted of reckless driving. In any case, the typical suspended drivers license reinstatement steps are as follows:

  1. Wait out your drivers license suspension period in KS.
  2. Go to your local Kansas Department of Revenue office.
  3. Submit all of the paperwork requested by the DOR.
  4. Provide proof of financial responsibility, namely proof of SR22 insurance.
  5. Retake the driving and written knowledge exams, if the DOR considers it necessary.
  6. Pay the suspended drivers license reinstatement fees, which will vary based on the reason for your KS drivers license suspension and your need to take exams.
    1. For information about the cost of reinstating suspended drivers license documents, take a look at the fees chart.

If you have any questions about your particular steps, call the Kansas Department of Revenue at 785-296-3963.