Obtain Your Road Advisors Guide

Welcome to MyDriverLicenses.org. Find all of the information you need to perform any drivers license process all in one place. It does not matter whether you are applying to obtain your first license to drive or if you are updating or renewing a long-held driving license. The information provided on our website will help you to complete any driver's license-related transaction, from changing the name or address on your license to reinstating your suspended credential. The all-encompassing Road Guide and value-added forms and checklists have all the details you need to complete your vital driver license procedures in the quickest way possible. Just fill out our simple digital form below to get started.

Change Address on Driver License Guide for Pennsylvania

online assistance services

Changing your address in Pennsylvania

If you recently moved to the state of Pennsylvania, or relocated to a new address within Pennsylvania, you will need to file an address change. The first step in the change of address process is updating your address with the United States Postal Service. Once you have visited a post office in Pennsylvania to change your address, you can then proceed with changing the address on your Pennsylvania drivers license, which is the first step to ensuring all your credentials reflect your address change. If your current address does not match the address printed on your drivers license or ID card, you may face a fine or a penalty if you are pulled over in Pennsylvania. Schedule a {DMV-C} visit in order to update your contact information as soon as possible. To expedite the drivers license address change process, bring proof of your new address to the Pennsylvania {DMV-C}, along with your current ID. Once you have updated your {DMV-C} address change, contact your auto insurance provider, as your car insurance rate may need an adjustment.

The Road Advisors Guide has each and every single detail in order to help you change your drivers license address. Downloading the Road Advisors Guide is easy and simple. Click here to continue.

change your address

Change Address on License

Do you need to change your address on your Pennsylvania drivers license? We've collected all the information you need to expedite and simplify the process. Before you file an address change by mail or by visiting a local {DMV-C} office, you can easily find the answers you're looking for within our Road Advisors Guide. Click "Get Started" below to get comprehensive application assistance for all the {DMV-C}'s services.

MyDriverLicenses.org is a third party website that is not affiliated with any government agencies. The services we provide are available for free in the official sites or local offices. You can purchase and download our guide and resources for $22.95, which contains vital information in order to perform any DMV service and receive a free $25 gas rebate and other added benefits. By continuing to use our website, you accept our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Change Address on License

If you are currently undergoing changes in your life that have to do with moving to a new residence, one other thing to keep in mind is the importance of performing a motor vehicle change of address with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). Fortunately, the DOT makes it simple for you to do so, and offers you a variety of ways that you can get the process done.

How to Change Address on Drivers Licenses in Person

The simplest way to complete the process of submitting an address change request in Pennsylvania is to do so in person at a local a driver license center or a private service provider, which is also known as an online messenger service. In order to do so, all you need to do is fill out a Change of Address form and submit it to the DOT representative.

Depending on your particular case, you will also be required to fill out the appropriate form which applies to you. For example, if you are in the process of moving and currently hold a CDL drivers license, then you will need to fill out a Commercial Driver's License Application to Replace/Correct. On this form, you will be asked to write down your new address. You are welcome to use a Post Office Box Number; however, you must also provide a residence address.

Other "Change Your Address" forms are available for drivers license replacements as well. Simply pick the one that applies to you:

How to Change Address on Drivers Licenses Online

The most convenient way to change address on drivers license documents is by making the change request online. It is important to remember, however, that this feature is only available to drivers who hold a non-commercial drivers license in PA. Additionally, it is not available to motorists who are currently in the process of moving to a different state.

To take full advantage of this online service, first you will have to venture to the Online Driver's License/Photo ID page. Once there, make sure you have a few, essential items in your possession, including:

  • A working printer.
  • A valid credit card or debit card for payment:
    • MasterCard
    • Visa
    • Discover
    • American Express
  • Your Pennsylvania drivers license.

You will then be asked to provide some key pieces of information in order to confirm your identity. Although a PIN number is no longer required of applicants, you will need to input the following:

  • Date of birth
  • Last four digits of your Social Security Number
  • Driver license number

As a nice bonus, you will be glad to know that there is no charge associated with address changing online.

How to Change Address on Drivers Licenses by Mail

In the event you would prefer to change address on DMV documents by mail, you can send a Change of Address form to the address listed on the application. However, if you would only like to update the address listed on your PA driver license, then you can fill out the Non-commercial Driver's License/Identification Card/Learner's Permit Application to Renew/Replace/Change/Correct and mail it to the following address:

P.O. Box 68272
Harrisburg, PA 17106-8272

Out-of-State Address Change

The only exception whereby the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation permits the submission of out-of-state address change forms is if the applying driver is an employee of federal or state government or a member/dependent of the military.

In order to properly complete this out-of-state address change request, you will be required to present proof of your current status. You can do so in one of the following manners:

  • By presenting a letterhead letter from your employer that mentions your status
  • By giving a copy of your photo ID issued by your employer
  • If you are a relative of the person, by providing a document of the person employed

Remember that you must state on the Pennsylvania address change forms whether you are employed by the United States Armed Forces, Federal Government or Pennsylvania State Government. If you are a relative applying on the person's behalf, you must either be a spouse or dependent child.

Drivers can obtain the Out-of-State Address/Photo Exemption online and mail it out to the following address:

Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
Bureau of Driver Licensing
P.O Box 68272
Harrisburg, PA 17106-8272

Make sure to include any of the aforementioned documents, so that your request is processed as quickly and efficiently as possible. If you have any questions, you can reach PennDOT by phone at 1-717-412-5300 (for out-of-state individuals). If you are calling from Pennsylvania, you can dial 1-800-932-4600. For the hearing impaired, dial 1-717-412-5380 (TDD).