Obtain Your Road Advisors Guide

Welcome to MyDriverLicenses.org. Find all of the information you need to perform any drivers license process all in one place. It does not matter whether you are applying to obtain your first license to drive or if you are updating or renewing a long-held driving license. The information provided on our website will help you to complete any driver's license-related transaction, from changing the name or address on your license to reinstating your suspended credential. The all-encompassing Road Guide and value-added forms and checklists have all the details you need to complete your vital driver license procedures in the quickest way possible. Just fill out our simple digital form below to get started.

Change Address on Driver License Guide for Minnesota

online assistance services

Changing your address in Minnesota

If you recently moved to the state of Minnesota, or relocated to a new address within Minnesota, you will need to file an address change. The first step in the change of address process is updating your address with the United States Postal Service. Once you have visited a post office in Minnesota to change your address, you can then proceed with changing the address on your Minnesota drivers license, which is the first step to ensuring all your credentials reflect your address change. If your current address does not match the address printed on your drivers license or ID card, you may face a fine or a penalty if you are pulled over in Minnesota. Schedule a {DMV-C} visit in order to update your contact information as soon as possible. To expedite the drivers license address change process, bring proof of your new address to the Minnesota {DMV-C}, along with your current ID. Once you have updated your {DMV-C} address change, contact your auto insurance provider, as your car insurance rate may need an adjustment.

The Road Advisors Guide has each and every single detail in order to help you change your drivers license address. Downloading the Road Advisors Guide is easy and simple. Click here to continue.

change your address

Change Address on License

Do you need to change your address on your Minnesota drivers license? We've collected all the information you need to expedite and simplify the process. Before you file an address change by mail or by visiting a local {DMV-C} office, you can easily find the answers you're looking for within our Road Advisors Guide. Click "Get Started" below to get comprehensive application assistance for all the {DMV-C}'s services.

MyDriverLicenses.org is a third party website that is not affiliated with any government agencies. The services we provide are available for free in the official sites or local offices. You can purchase and download our guide and resources for $22.95, which contains vital information in order to perform any DMV service and receive a free $25 gas rebate and other added benefits. By continuing to use our website, you accept our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Change Address on License

If you recently completed address changing, the Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services requires residents to report this updated information, because the DVS sends important information regarding your driving privileges and vehicle registration. So, the address on your record must be up to date.

How to Change Address on Drivers Licenses in Person

In the state of Minnesota, you are required to apply for a drivers license replacement when you have an official address change. This process must be conducted at your local MN Driver and Vehicle Services office.

When you visit a Driver's License Office or Driver and Vehicle Services Exam Station, the photo stored in the system will be used to prove your identity. If there is no picture available, you will be asked to provide further proof of identification. You may present one primary form of identification - which must contain your full, legal name and date of birth - and one secondary form of identification.

Proof of primary documents include:

  • A certified birth record.
  • A certificate of birth abroad.
  • A report of birth abroad of a U.S. citizen.
  • A certified adoption certificate from a U.S. court.
  • A valid U.S. passport or card.
  • An unexpired active duty, reserve or retired U.S. military ID.

Proof of secondary documents include:

  • Another primary document.
  • A photo driver's license.
  • A state identification card.
  • A U.S. Social Security card.
  • A certified government-issued marriage certificate.

If you have any questions regarding primary and secondary documents, contact the MN Driver and Vehicle Services office at 651-297-3298.

If your drivers license is soon set to expire, you may request a driving license renewal instead of a duplicate. The procedure to obtain a renewed driving license will also require you to visit your nearby DPS office with the proper documentation in hand. Make sure to have the aforementioned items with you, along with a valid form of payment for any necessary fees. If you have a copy of a police report with you, present this documentation to a DMV agent when renewing drivers licenses.

Fast Track Driver's License

The Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services office offers MN vehicle drivers the Fast Track program to guarantee the production of a driver's license, ID card or vehicle title within three business days for a $20 fee. This expedited service is provided in person or by mail, depending on which method is most convenient for you.

To apply in person, visit a participating local motor vehicle deputy registrar or driver license agent. You may call in advance to make sure their office provides this service. Simply call 651-297-2005.

To receive your Fast Track driver license by mail, you must send all your information to the following address:

DVS Central Office - Town Square
445 Minnesota Street, Suite 189
St. Paul, MN 55101

Note: Send a check made payable to Minnesota DVS.