Change Address on License
When you move to a new location within the state of Idaho, you are required to update this information with the Department of Transportation. Responsible for issuing ID drivers licenses, vehicle registrations, car titles and more, a driver must notify the department as soon as possible upon establishing new residence.
How to Change Address on Drivers License in Person
The Idaho Department of Transportation requires residents to update their address changing information within a period of 30 days after moving. By simply following the instructions as outlined by the DMV, you can easily modify your information in person.
Upon your DMV visit, you will be required to present the following documentation:
- A completed Idaho Change of Address Request
- Proof of ID, such as your drivers license
- Proof of new address
On the Change of Address form, you will need to include personal information, such as:
- Your full legal name.
- Your previous name if it was recently changed.
- Your Idaho driving license number.
- Your date of birth.
- Your daytime phone number.
- Your current physical address.
- Your mailing address.
- The license plate number of your vehicle.
- The license plate number of a second vehicle (if applicable).
- Information about any additional residents that may be requesting an address change with you.
- Your signature and the bottom of the form.
- The date at the bottom of the form.
- Specific notation indicating whether you are changing your mailing address or your residential address.
How to Change Address on Drivers License by Mail
The steps to change addresses is simple if you follow the procedure provided by the Division of Motor Vehicles. Once you have filled out the proper change of address form, you will have the option of submitting it at your local DMV office, or mailing it to the Idaho Transportation Department.
If you would like to send it to Driver Services, address your envelope and sent it to:
Idaho Transportation Department
P.O. Box 7129
Boise, ID 83707-1129
You can also email it to email@example.com, or fax it to this number: 208- 287-3860.
Change of Address Fees
When moving to a new location, your Idaho driving license must be updated with the Department of Transportation. In order to get a new driving license that reflects your current address, you will need to request a duplicate license to drive. The fees for a duplicate driving license and an identification card depend on your age. See the prices below:
- If you are 18 years of age or less, you will be required to pay $10.
- If you are between the ages of 18 and 21, you will be required to pay $10.
- If you are 21 years of age or older, and want a four-year ID, you must pay $10.
- If you are older the age of 21, and want an eight-year ID, you must pay $20